[vpn-help] Fwd: Internet connection dies after some minutes of heavy download traffic

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun May 16 15:36:19 CDT 2010

On 5/14/2010 4:08 PM, wosgien at gmail.com wrote:

> No, the ARP entry for my default gateway IP has vanished.
>
>     If not, this is probably related to the same issue reported by Tamas
>     which I haven't been able to reproduce locally yet.

Hi Andreas,

Interesting. I'm in the process of digging deeper into the problem. It
should be resolved before our final 2.1.6 release so with any luck we
will get it resolved in the upcoming week.

A few more questions ...

1) What type of connection are you using ( local ethernet, internet dsl,
cable, fiber )?

2) What is the nature of your IP traffic during high utilization ( ftp
http, torrent )?

3) Does the problem still occur if all Shrew Soft services are stopped
in the computer management console?