[vpn-help] Fwd: Internet connection dies after some minutes of heavy download traffic

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun May 16 17:01:22 CDT 2010

On 5/16/2010 4:54 PM, wosgien at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Matthew,

> Hmm, there are a huge number of entries
> under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ and it's not
> so easy for me to find {AdapterID}. For the time being, I would like to
> avoid that test. However, if you are not able to find and fix the
> problem without me doing that test, let me know and I will try it.

My apologies. The key is this ...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{AdapterID}

... Your adapter should be easy to find as it will have the IpAddress
identical to your ipconfig output. You would only have to add a DWORD
named MTU with a value of 1400. It would be good to know the result of
as I may not be able to reproduce your issue locally ( although I am
trying ).