[vpn-help] Request for feature: Keyboard navigation of access manager.

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Wed Nov 17 18:16:31 CST 2010

hi,
I hope this is the right place to ask this.
I am a blind user, i use a screen reader called JAWS for Windows, from http://www.freedomscientific.com/
On the whole I have found the Shrewsoft VPN product to be quite accessible with speech, however there is one area where it falls down, and I'm hoping it should be a relatively easy fix.
When you first bring up the access manager, and are presented with a list of vpn profiles, there seems to be no means to select a profile via the keyboard,
requiring use of the mouse to click on a profile, before the connection option becomes ungreyed under the file menu.
While its possible to do this with a screen reader, its a painful process, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a change so that you could arrow between the available profiles and select one with space or enter, or similar.
At the moment i only have one profile, but i still haven't found any key that will cause the profile to become selected without requiring a mouse click.
I have updated to version 2.1.7, and I'm running it under Windows 7 64 bit.
Any help would be most appreciated (especially if there's already a way to achieve what I'm trying to do and I've just missed it).
thanks in advance,
Regards
Aaron