[vpn-help] Windows 7 64bit VPN Client

Robert Lee Craig craig.robert at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 22:25:43 CDT 2010

I have two machines at home. One is a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) and the other is a desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium (32bit). Both machines have the exact same antivirus software, firewall rules, vpn client, etc. The desktop can connect to Netgear FVS318g no problem. When I try to do it with my laptop (exact same configuration file that was imported from the 32bit machine), it times out. I never get any error logs on the router side or anywhere in the laptop event logs. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Robert