[vpn-help] Windows 7 64bit VPN Client

Raj Koppanathi rajesh.k at smarterp.com
Tue Sep 7 00:14:31 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm also facing same challenge.

I've a Windows 7 Ultimage Dell XPS M1530 laptop and another Windows 7
Home Premium laptop (Acer). Both are on 64-Bit operating systems.

I've installed client on both the machines and accessing my office VPN
which is Juniper SSG-5 Firewall.

Acer laptop connects instantaneously, but Dell laptop does not connect,
once in a while it connectes.

I've disabled all non-microsoft serverices using msconfig.exe utility
and then it connects once in a while, but not always.

Today I've installed Shrewsoft VPN client 2.17 beta (stable version) and
then it connected immediately without any issues.

My suspicion is on couple of things, we use Verizon Broadband card for
accessing internet when travelling, may be it has to do with one of the
services/drivers associated with that OR Wi-Fi driver on my Dell XPS.

I've been using windows vista 64-bit wi-fi driver on my XPS laptop (Dell
do not have windows-7 driver for this).

Will test more with the latest install and post my findings.

Trace utility says something like 'Phase 1 time limit has reached'.

Don't remember the exact wordings of the error message.

Hope this helps.

Raj