[vpn-help] Individual tunnel on Cisco RV082?

Kevin Thorpe kevin at pibenchmark.com
Thu Sep 23 10:17:09 CDT 2010

  Hi,
     to start with, thanks very much to the ShrewSoft team. Tried to use
Linksys QuickVPN with our new RV082 but it sucks bigtime.

I've got group tunnelling working just fine following the HowTo on the
website. Unfortunately I don't like the use of a single shared key as we
hve regular staff hires and fires which would involve changing
everyone's key. I tried to set up an individual tunnel following the
same parameters with the exception of using a user FQDN instead of a
domain FQDN. This doesn't connect. It just keeps retrying sending phase
1 packets until it times out.

Does anyone know if I can use Shrew Soff VPN and a Cisco RV082 in that
manner? It's probably just a setting in the twisty maze of IPSEC parameters.

thanks