[vpn-help] VPN connection with Alcatel-Lucent Brick

Sławomir Krok slawomir_k at go2.pl
Fri Sep 24 10:12:04 CDT 2010

  Hello Everyone

I need help with connecting Shrew client with Alcatel-Lucent Brick
device. This is an Alcatel-Lucent firewall, something like Cisco ASA.
Alcatel has its own client but it's not working under Windows 7.
That's why I need to use Shrew.
So far I managed to establish connection but no traffic is passing. I
tried to put networks' adresses into policy tab manually, but doing this
changed nothing.
Also, I noticed that despite active VPN connection I can ping hosts in
my local network, so it looks like all trafic is directed into my local
gateway instead of VPN one.
Thanks in advance for help.

Regards
FranzM