[vpn-help] Problems with Shrewsoft Client after Standby

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Sep 16 17:54:03 CDT 2010

On 9/14/2010 1:24 AM, Müller, Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Matthew
>
>> Does restarting the Shrew Soft IKE/IPsec services resolve this issue or
>> is a reboot required?
>
> What exactly do you mean by Shrew Soft IKE/IPsec services?
> In case you refer to iked and ipsecd, yes if we restart those two services it works again without a restart (I already wrote this).

Ahh. Sorry I missed that. I think the answer to this problem will be to
have iked detect when the computer is entering a low power state and to
disconnect the client session as a result. I had some work-in-progress
patches to do this but I never committed them. Hopefully we can get this
sorted out for the 2.2.0 release. Thanks for the bug report.