[vpn-help] Can Connect But Can't See Machines

Jeremy Banks jeremy.banks at bis2.net
Wed Aug 3 20:52:31 CDT 2011

Hi

I have a cisco client that I want to connect to one of our customer's vpns.

We have Win XP 64bit OS's so generally we run a 32bit vm and connect
out of that, which is fairly cumbersome.

I was doing a fresh Win7 64bit install so I thought I would see if I
could get shrew soft's client going.

I downloaded and installed 2.1.7 and imported a working pcf.  I
connected and all seemed good out of the box.

However I can not connect to, or ping, the target machine inside the
customer's vpn.

I did some googling and tried changing the NAT Traversal options, but
that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Any further information that would be useful?

I don't have the client gateway information at hand, they are in a
different timezone so I could find it if it is useful, just not until
tomorrow.

Thanks

Jeremy