[vpn-help] Need Help in connecting multiple clients to one RV042 via Shrew

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Aug 31 21:18:07 CDT 2011

On 08/02/2011 02:37 AM, Ange wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> thanks for the reply.
>
> Yes, they do, with the same account. How do I change that?
> Also I tried setting one of them up with a second tunnel, and it
> happened that the new one kicked the first tunnel out as
> well....shouldn't at least two different tunnels work? The RV042 can
> handle two groupVPNs (OTOH I thought groupVPN means more than one login
> at once....).
>
> Best Regards
> Ange
>

> At 03:13 21.07.2011, you wrote:
>> On 07/20/2011 09:08 AM, Ange wrote:
>>>
>>> - One Linksys RV042 (newest firmware) with static IP from Provider
>>> - Three different places from where the user wants to establish a tunnel
>>> to that RV042.
>>> - Shrew client set up for each place
>>>
>>> So far, so good, if one user connects via Shrew client, the tunnel comes
>>> up and everything works as it should.
>>> If a second client tries to conncet to the RV042, they kick the first
>>> user out of the connection.
>>> Now, I need at least two simultanous connections to that tunnel at the
>>> same time.
>> Hi Ange,
>>
>> Are your users identifying themselves with the same account? If so, it
>> may be that your Linksys gateway only allows one concurrent login on
>> that account at once.

Hi Ange,

On the equipment I work on, group and account are different.  I have
account(s) that are used to identify a peer to a gateway, and I also
have another set of accounts are are used to authenticate a user sitting
at the remote computer.

These second set of accounts I can place in group(s) that I can use for
the VPN user authentication.  If I have multiple VPNs defined, I can use
a different group for each one, and an account can go in multiple
groups.  However, there is still a setting for each individual account
that controls how many concurrent logins are allowed with that account.