[vpn-help] Windows 7 shrew soft

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Tue Dec 6 21:50:59 CST 2011

On 12/06/2011 07:50 PM, Steve Campbell wrote:
> All: Wondering if anyone has seen where the client connection
> establishes but the default gateway does not show up in the routing
> table (route print). When connected with other vpn clients sw the
> default gateway is added to the client routing table with the vpn
> client address. When I connect with the shrewsoft client the default
> gateway is not added and the traffic is routed via the dhcp primary
> address. I see no esp traffic (using wireshark). Any insight to this
> would be much appreciated. thanks SC

Hi Steve,

I would suggest that if the routing table is unchanged, then a tunnel
policy may not have been established between the client and the gateway.
  If you take a trace, it can tell us what IP ranges/routes were
negotiated as part of the tunnel during connection:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

Also, if you're using Shrew on a laptop that also has the Microsoft
Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter installed, you should make sure you're
running version 2.2.0 beta 2 as it corrects a conflict between Shrew and
the Virtual WiFi adapter.