[vpn-help] New 2.2.0 Alpha Build Available ( PLEASE TEST !!! )

kevin vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:14:02 CST 2011

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:56:55 -0600
Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

> 2) The WLAN related problem that could be avoided by disabling the
> Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter problem has now been worked
> around at the driver level. As long as you are connected to an AP,
> the VPN client should operate normally. Using adhoc networks are
> currently unsupported. If you currently have the Virtual WiFi adapter
> disabled, please re-enable it and test this build.

Hi Matthew,

I can confirm that 2.2.0alpha10 corrects the problem of the Microsoft
Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter interfering with Shrew on a netbook
running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with a Broadcom 802.11n chipset.

Using client 2.1.7 I could cause the problem two ways, either by
rebooting or by disabling and re-enabling the Virtual WiFi adapter.
Using Shrew 2.2.0alpha10 the problem does not occur in either of those
scenarios.

Well done!