[vpn-help] DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

rdklotz at optonline.net rdklotz at optonline.net
Thu Jan 13 11:35:37 CST 2011

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100 computer with an Intel i7 CPU, 64 bitoperating system and Windows 7 Home Premium. I installed shrew 2.1.7(and also tried 2.1.6). It installs without problem. However, when I tryto reboot my computer, it won't reboot and gets the following error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the blue screen of death.The only way to resolve the problem (I tried uninstalling shrew butit didn't help) is to restore a previous configuration from a few days ago.This looks like a driver problem. I have seen reports that say thedriver vfilter.sys might be the culprit. I need to use shrew to connectto my office computer but I don't know how to get this to work.Rita