[vpn-help] No traffic through tunnel using Shrew VPN Soft Client on Mac OS X 10.6.6 in combination with Juniper firewall

Marco Zevering marco.zevering at eo.nl
Fri Jan 28 00:32:42 CST 2011

Good morning,

Currently I am investigating a VPN IPsec connection towards our Juniper
ISG-2000 firewall.

When using Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.1.7 on a Windows XP machine,
everything works fine !

When using the Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.2.0 on a Mac OS X (10.6.6)
machine, the tunnel is
built up succesfully (phase 1 / phase 2), but the traffic will not pass
through the tunnel.

I followed the instructions to install Shrew Soft VPN Client as
described on page
http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2010-November/003223.html

    /1)    Install the LGPL Qt Framework for Mac OSX ...
    //http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-mac-opensource-4.7.1.dmg
    //
    //2)    Install the current release of the TUN/TAP driver for Mac
    OSX ...
    //http://tuntaposx.sourceforge.net/download.xhtml
    //
    /3) /Install the Shrew Soft VPN client .../
    http://ww/w.shrew.net/download/vpn/vpn-client-install.dmg/

I used the same config file by doing an export from Shrew Soft VPN
Client 2.1.7 (Windows) and an import into the Shrew Soft VPN Access
Manager (Mac OS X).

Can anybody explain this ?

I'm willing and able to test all kinds of options on Mac OS X
(10.5-10.6) to solve this.

Thank you in advace,

Kind regards,

Marco