[vpn-help] vpn-help Digest, Vol 57, Issue 13

kevin vpn kvpn at live.com
Mon Jun 20 20:35:33 CDT 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:37:06 -0400
"Carl J. Hilinski" <chilinski at timespapers.com> wrote:

> Yes, tunnel all is set.
>
> Interestingly, ShrewVPN on WindowsXP can't get to the share either.
> It can get to other Samba servers. It can do SSH and HTTP. But it
> simply cannot get to the shares on this one server.

Hi Carl,

If your XP machines can't get to the old Samba shares either (in
addition to the Win7 machines), obviously it's not a Win7 issue.  It
does point to some kind of conflict between how the older Samba and
Shrew, but I don't know enough to help further.

Perhaps providing some packet decodes to the devs might help.
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows