[vpn-help] Mac & Cisco & Shrewsoft

gregmail at outtacyte.com gregmail at outtacyte.com
Fri Jun 17 13:50:01 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Couple of not real technical questions:

1)      Can ShrewSoft VPN Client run on a Mac OX X ?  If so, can anyone
point me with a link I can get started with?

2)      Does the built-in VPN client on Mac OX X require XAUTH when used
with PSK?  The customer has a nice shiny Mac that she loves and wants to use
it to access stuff @ work.  She is already using the ShrewSoft on a PC and
it works well.  The Mac built in client doesn't have boo for options,
mentions nothing about XAUTH at all, but has USERID and PASSWORD fields
distinct from the Profile and PSK values (which are set up on another tab).
I've tried just not filling those values in, but get no connection.  Of
course, no logs, no real error messages, just the usual non-info I associate
with a Mac (& increasingly, Windows).

-greg