[vpn-help] Mobile Broadband Connection

Judy Leach jleach at texadasoftware.com
Tue Mar 1 09:41:33 CST 2011

Hi all,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and have installed Shrew Soft 2.1.7. I can
connect fine when wired into my router. When I connect to the internet
using my broadband internet stick (on a Canadian provider's network) I
get a "negotiation time out" and Shrew does not connect. The VPN server
is a linux server running Open Swan and there is no evidence in the logs
that the connection is attempted. The Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter does
show in the properties of the broadband adapter. I have checked with the
mobile internet provider, and they claim not to be blocking vpn
connections. This seems to be true as I can connect to a different vpn
server using the Windows VPN client.
--

*Judy Leach*System Administrator
jleach at texadasoftware.com

*TEXADA SOFTWARE INC**.
*Office | 800.361.1233 x2108    Fax | 519.836.1738
www.texadasoftware.com <http://www.texadasoftware.com/>

/Visit us at our upcoming trade shows.../

/ARA Rental Show (www.therentalshow.com <http://www.therentalshow.com/>)
in Las Vegas.  Mandalay Bay Convention Center.  Booth #4420.  February
27 - March 2, 2011./

/CONEXPO (www.conexpoconagg.com <http://www.conexpoconagg.com/>) in Las
Vegas.  Las Vegas Convention Center.  Booth #32132.  March 22 -- March
26, 2011./

/If you would like to set aside some time to meet with one of our
representatives to review the 2011 product/service offerings, please
email sales at texadasoftware.com <mailto:sales at texadasoftware.com> to make
arrangements today! /