[vpn-help] Whats going on with Shrew Soft and the 2.2.0 release?

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed May 18 04:56:01 CDT 2011

Zitat von Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>:

> To be honest, I was hoping to have acquired some form of corporate
> sponsorship by now. We just passed over a million downloads (
> 1,055,710 ) last month so there is obviously a demand for the
> software. I can't tell you how many times someone has said in a
> support request, "[insert giant multi-national corporation here]
> support told me to download the Shrew Soft VPN Client so I can
> communicate with their product. Please help!". The sad truth is that
> I'm just not sure how to make the product pay for my time as the
> primary developer and all the other costs that go along with
> delivering the product.

Hello

First many Thanks for providing the really useful Software by spending
your valuable time.

For the makeing money problem: What about a non-commercial version
which is fee-free usable for all non-profit cases and a "commercial"
version with a low fee per client? Payment should be possible by
credit-card and per order/invoice.
We would have no problem to spend some bucks if we got a invoice
saying x License per x Euro/Dollar to get the accounting staff happy.

Obviously this will only work on goodwill base, but it may be start.

Regards

Andreas