[vpn-help] Windows 7 client 2.1.7 and NetGear FVS328 router

David Durgee dhdurgee at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 11:26:20 CDT 2011

I have prepared a file with documentation on the NetGear router and client I am attempting to replace with the 2.1.7 client:

http://home.comcast.net/~ddurgee/Ashland_FVS328_VPN.zip

In this zip you will find:

NetGearClient.doc - Word document with screen shots from NetGear client
Ashland_FVS328_IKE_Policy.pdf - PDF of browser frame with FVS328 IKE policy
Ashland_FVS328_VPN_Policy.pdf - PDF of browser frame with FVS328 VPN policy
ashland.dnsalias.org.vpn - export of 2.1.7 configuration

As I noted in an earlier post, this configuration will get through the first phase of establishing the tunnel, but gets "NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN" when attempting phase 2 in response to a ping to the remote address space.

As this is a client router I need to work with the existing policies if at
all possible, as changes, including additions, need review and approval of
the client.

Dave