[vpn-help] Windows 7 client 2.1.7 and NetGear FVS328 router

David Durgee dhdurgee at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 12:31:47 CDT 2011

--- On Tue, 5/17/11, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vpn-help] Windows 7 client 2.1.7 and NetGear FVS328 router
To: "David Durgee" <dhdurgee at yahoo.com>
Cc: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 1:13 AM

Hi Dava,

Did you check the Policy Generation Level Parameter ? (in Policy Tab).

I currently have that set at "auto", but I believe I also tried it as "require" with no change
in behavior.  I have left the two check-boxes unchecked and have a remote network
resource entry matching the LAN on the FVS328 router.  As I noted earlier, the FVS328
responds "NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN" when your client attempts to initiate phase 2 in
response to a ping request.  The VPN status on the router shows an IPSec connection
with a status of "Phase 1: M-ESTABLISHED / Phase 2: IDLE", so I am making the key
exchange but failing to match what the FVS328 expects to see to initiate phase 2.

Dave