[vpn-help] Mac OSX VPN Client Testing ...

Tim Eckhoff teckhoff at mac.com
Sun Nov 27 13:14:03 CST 2011

Hello Matt,

I found the following post of your ShrewSoft port install on a mac using a google search:
http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2010-November/003223.html

I am one of two people (noobs at VPN) at my office who are trying to connect to our Co. VPN with a mac.

This worked perfectly for my colleague.
When I try it, the install looks good, but I immediately get the error "failed to attach to key daemon" (see attached pdf).

It looks like some of the services may not be running, but I have no idea how to get to the next step.
Any help / recommendation on where to go from here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and kind regards,
Tim Eckhoff

i-Mac 9.1, intel core duo @ 3.06 GHz, 4.0GB RAM
Max OSX 10.7.2
Connecting to internet through BellSouth DSL