[vpn-help] Shrew 2.2.0 OS X build does not work on OSX 10.6.8

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Nov 21 22:08:24 CST 2011

On 11/21/2011 02:15 AM, Jinyan Huang wrote:
> Dear Kevin,
>
> Is there some problem for my configuration files?
>
> Thank you
>
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Jinyan Huang<jhuang.tongji at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Dear Kevin,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> I have two machine: windows and Mac OS. The vpn shrew on windows is
>> fine. But not for the Mac OS. Both of them used the extract same
>> network and VPN key files.
>>
>> The gateway can receive the connect request from Shrew. The
>> archive.zip is my Shrew configuration.

Hi Jinyan,

The only problem I could see in your configuration was that in the Shrew
config, under the Authentication tab, Credentials section, it looks like
you've specified the same file for Server Cert, Client Cert and Private
Key.  Obviously, all three should be different certificates/keys (I
assume you changed them to protect information).

The iked.log file that you provided still shows that the gateway does
not respond to the Shrew client.  If you can, do a packet capture on the
OS X machine, and look for packets coming with the source IP address of
the gateway, source port 500 and destination address of the physical
address (ethernet card or wireless card) of your OS X box.

By the way, you can save a Shrew configuration into a text file using
one of the Shrew menu options (Export I think) so that you don't have to
use the screenshots.