[vpn-help] Automatic re-connection option

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Oct 19 22:38:03 CDT 2011

On 10/13/2011 07:56 AM, Francesco Calpini wrote:
> Indeed this is the most wanted feature for me too.
>
> Andrei Remenchuk<andrei144 at ...>  writes:
>
>> But regardless of the reason for disconnection, having auto-reconnect
>> will make the software more valuable. Manual reconnection is disruptive

Try playing with the script in this post.  I've never used it, but maybe
it will be of assistance to help with reconnects:
http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2011-January/003370.html

The 2.2.0 code may also include a Secure Domain Login feature that will
allow users to connect to a VPN before logging in to their domain.  This
feature may also require the inclusion of a re-connect feature so users
connecting to domain resources still pass their credentials over a
secure tunnel.  However, some funding or corporate support is probably
required to complete this feature.