[vpn-help] VPN issues

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Sep 1 21:10:34 CDT 2011

On 08/11/2011 10:53 AM, Kalombo Mpabantu wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I am struggling with VPN issues on both windows xp, 7 (32-bits) and
> 7(64-bits).
>
> It gives me a negotiation time out error.
>
> Please see attached log.
>
> I am using Shrewsoftvpn (I have tried both version 2.1.7 and 2.2.0 beta
> 2) no joy.
>

> Kindest regards,
>

> Kalombo

Hi Kalombo,

The VPN gateway is not responding to your connection attempt.  I would
double-check your settings or ask the VPN administrator to look at his
logs to see what errors he has.

I would guess that the VPN gateway does not recognize your client ID
(called local id in the iked.log) and is silently rejecting your request.