[vpn-help] Win7 x64 Traffic Fails to Route

Steve Adams zealot_6ofaiur at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 21:26:17 CDT 2011

Hello,

I have been testing the shrew vpn 2.1.7 and latest beta on a win7 x64 system along with a winXP laptop. VPN connections are going to a Fortigate firewall and work fine on the XP machine. On the win7 machine though the packets fail to route over the VPN regardless if I tell it to send all traffic over the tunnel or not. I have found that if I change the adapter mode to "use existing" it correctly sends traffic over the tunnel. However, I need the machine to be assigned a specific IP when communicating over the tunnel. I have tried disabling the system's firewall but no luck. In both scenarios the Fortigate shows the VPN connection from my machine with all the correct parameters. IP settings of my machine and routes from the tunnel also show up correctly. Is there something specific I need to do on my machine to get it to actually use the VPN?

Thanks