[vpn-help] Store connection settings

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Sep 7 22:06:43 CDT 2011

On 09/06/2011 12:59 PM, Javier Minero Escobar wrote:

> I have several laptops which are lend to my users. Each user logs in with its domain credentials and then take the laptop on the road. The trouble here is that it seems that the VPN client stores VPN connection information on each user's profile, and hence, has forced our IT support team to configure the VPN settings every time a new user logs on.
>
> Is there any way to centrally store the VPN settings? Is there any way to automate the settings through a windows policy?

Hi Javier,

I think this question has been asked a few times already on the list.
Unfortunately, I believe the answer is no, there is no way to centrally
store the VPN settings.

If you're really good at registry-foo, you might be able to extract the
user-specific registry settings for Shrew and make that into a .reg file
that is loaded into each user's profile at domain login.

If you do such a thing, please post the details to the list, as I think
multiple people would be interested.