[vpn-help] VPN client keeps creating folder in My Documents

Derek van der Vorst derek at vandervorst.com
Thu Aug 30 02:36:49 CDT 2012

Dear helpdesk,

My problem is simple: I use Windows 7, VPN Client 2.1.7.

During installation I changed the default location for saving certificates
etc. to C:\Program Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client\certificates

My problem is, that every time I start the VPN client, it creates a folder
'Shrew Soft VPN' in 'My Documents'. In the folder are two other folders
(certs and sites). They are both empty.

I have deleted the folder several times, but it keeps being created.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kind regards,

Derek