[vpn-help] negotiantion timeout occured on Win7 64Bit (August 2012)

bestellungen at thielheim.com bestellungen at thielheim.com
Thu Aug 16 04:33:51 CDT 2012

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your respond. And the answer is no: No
packets are reaching the gateway. So currently i guess, that the "Shrew
virtuel Adapter" is the reason bacause it get's not enabled while i try
to establish the connection. I cannot see any error messages. The Win7
machine - SP1 with all patches - is standalone / no domain and it's an
out of the box installation - no other software on it.

Regards,

David

08/03/2012 10:11 AM, Bestellungen wrote:

>> Hi all, have the same
connecting problem as it was posted earlier in this mailing list: Win7
64Bit SP1 client (German) with Shrew VPN Client 2.1.7 (and 2.2.0 beta,
separetly tested). Trying to connect brings me to the "negotiation
timeout accoured" message. Checked the adapter settings (Filter) with
all tried media (Mobile Phone, WiFi, Ethernet/cable) Using WinXP / SP3
(german) everything is working as exprected with every media (mobile,
WiFi...) Using a LANCON 1722 VPN Gateway with the lates Firmware (LC.OS)
Attached you'll find an IKE trace log. Any help would be highly
appreciated!

> Hi David,
>
> The "resend 1 phase1 packet(s) [0/2]
172.20.10.5:500 -> xx.xx.xx.xx:500"
> messages in the trace log suggest
that either the packets are not
> getting to the gateway or the gateway
is ignoring the connection request.

> I would first check the VPN
gateway logs to see if it even sees the
> traffic from the Win7
machine.

> Do you have any other VPN software installed on the Win7
machine? Is it
> part of an Active Directory Domain?

Links:
------