[vpn-help] Negotiation timout occurred

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sat Aug 18 12:37:29 CDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 09:55 PM, Patrick O'Connell wrote:
> Hello Mailing List,
>
> I am having an issue running Shrew Soft VPN Client on Windows 7 Pro x64.
>
> While trying to resolve this issue we have disabled miniport adapters,
> uninstalled and reinstalled and installed the latest beta builds, all of
> which don't work.
>
> We have tested other IPSec VPN Clients which have worked NCP being one
> however we prefer to use Shrew Soft.
>
> Any help resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

Hi Patrick,

You haven't really provided much information about what is not working.
  What does the Shrew connect dialog say when you try to establish the
connection?

Are you using a Shrew client configuration file that you know is working
on some other machine at the same location?

Can you provide us with a bug report/log file to help us troubleshoot?
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows