[vpn-help] Can't Reach Intranet as Shrew doesn't add a route for the VPN Server

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 00:56:19 CST 2012

Hi,
I'm using self compiled Shrew 2.2.RC2 in Ubuntu 12.10.
The VPN connects fine, but no traffic passes through it and then the
"failed" count starts to increase.
rp_filter is set 0 for all interfaces.

I've analysed the problem and found that,
- once shrew connects, it sets up a default route through the VPN. This is
OK and needed.
- however, it does not set a specific route to the vpn host through the lan
gateway
- as a result, the vpn encapsulated packets don't know how to reach the vpn
host and all traffic gets blocked

I hope I could explain it. Once I set up a manual route to the vpn server
through my local router, it starts to work perfectly.

Is this a bug or do I miss something?

PS. This does not happen on Windows.

--
Emre