[vpn-help] IPSec VPN to NetASQ not working when client inside same network class.

Finalbeta finalbeta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:12:52 CST 2012

Hello list,

I'm facing a problem with the VPN client  (I think it is the client part)
when my client is inside the same network class.

My tested clients are windows 7 or 8.

My company subnet is 10.10.5.0/24 and 10.10.6.0/24

My clients have no problem when they are inside a class B or C subnet. (So
clients connecting from 172.16.* or 192.168.* have no problem connecting)

The same clients connecting from a local 10.10.*/24 can set up the ipsec
tunnel to the company, but it times out. I can get no traffic across it.
After several seconds the client gets disconnected.

I'm using the netasq guide from the wiki. I've configured the remote
networks manually inside the configuration and I am using the local IP
address on the client.

Thank you

Jochen (finalbeta at gmail.com)