[vpn-help] Outlook interrupted

Roper, Andrew aroper at bcsvoicedata.com
Thu Jan 26 09:43:07 CST 2012

Teri,

Do you have problems connecting to the Internet with the Shrew VPN client running? Is this the case when the tunnel is not established or after the tunnel drops?

Based upon what you have only mentioned, it would appear to me that the problem is related to your connection to the Internet. Stabilize your Internet connection and I'm sure the VPN will stay up and be more reliable. Personally, I am not aware of any specific issues with Shrew VPN being installed on a system and then having connectivity issues.

I would suggest that you make sure that your NIC drivers are up to do, the client OS is up to date, check any AV Intrusion Prevention settings (or turn them off for that virtual NIC), make sure that there aren't any other IPSec VPN clients installed and possibly unsinstall Shrew, reset the TCP/IP stack and reinstall Shrew.

-Andrew