[vpn-help] Outlook interrupted

Jernej Simončič jernej's-shrew at eternallybored.org
Thu Jan 26 12:45:25 CST 2012

On Thursday, January 26, 2012, 15:58:15, Greene, Teri wrote:

> When connected to a client site through Shrew VPN (2.1.7), my
> Outlook (MS Office 2010) drops connection and cannot re-establish. I
> also have trouble connecting to the Internet (IE 8). Are you aware
> of this issue, and is there anything that can be done about it? I
> basically have no email when connected to this client. Others within
> our organization have the same issue.

The VPN tunnel probably overrides your default route, and thus
prevents you from accessing the LAN. One client has his VPN set up
this way, I just delete the route after establishing the connection,
and add a route to just the segment I need.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Thinly sliced cabbage.
       -- Cole's Law