[vpn-help] Mac OSX Lion Problem: tunnel enabled, but no internet connection

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Tue Jun 12 20:45:58 CDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 09:16 AM, Guido Biele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the shrew soft VPN software on a OSX Lion system (mac mini).
> I can connect to the host (client connect app shows "tunnel enabled"),
> but I do not get an internet connection.
>
> [I had another VPN connection cofigured directly in the Lion networt
> settings, if this plays a role]
>
> What could be the problem and how could I solve it?

Hi Guido,

I don't know much about using the VPN client on OS X, but the other VPN
connection could be causing an issue.  I'd suggest removing/disabling it
to see if that makes a difference.

You could also generate VPN log file and post it here to see if that
provides any information.  The instructions are at the link below,
although the location of the files may be different on OS X than Linux:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnUnix