[vpn-help] Linksys RV082 strange problem

Matthew Harless mjharless at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:57:22 CDT 2012

I have followed the help guide and can connect to the client group vpn on
the rv082. However, once connected the I can only access forwarded ports.
For instance, I cannot ping the server via lan ip behind the rv082, but I
can access the remote web workplace on that same server via lan ip. If I go
into port forwarding on the router and forward all traffic to the server,
then everything works for the server via name resolution or lan ip(ping,
file shares, dns...). I still have no access to other machines. Obviously I
can't leave the server open to the outside like that though. Anyone have
any idea what is going on. Seems like the tunnel is being treated like a
wan connection for whatever reason.

I have tried the beta version with the same result.