[vpn-help] Connecting to Watchguard from Linux v2.1.7

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Mar 21 22:18:02 CDT 2012

On 03/21/2012 09:20 PM, gregmail at outtacyte.com wrote:
> Yes, the Shrew client does work with XTM on firewall.
>
> Make sure the XTM is the latest version because the prior versions had a
> problem generating the .vpn file
>
> Use the XTM UI to generate the .vpn file (or, you can use the WSM if you
> have that installed)
>
> I have it working at two of my locations.
>
> -Greg

Hi Tom, what version of Ubuntu are you using?  On Ubuntu 11.10, the
Shrew package (2.1.7) in the 11.10 repositories is broken.

The 2.1.5 version of Shrew from the Ubuntu 11.04 repositories works on
11.10 if you can figure out how to downgrade to it instead.

This is the Ubuntu bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ike/+bug/860208

Starting at post #7 there are details of some workarounds (including
downgrading to 2.1.5).