[vpn-help] Window VPN client 2.1.7 does not work with the firewall enabled.

Simon Callan simon.callan at infoshare-is.com
Wed May 2 07:15:47 CDT 2012

Hi,

I've just installed the ShrewSoft VPN client 2.1.7 on a new Windows 7 64 bit
laptop, with the latest patches. If I run the client with the Windows
firewall disabled, I can connect to the VPN server. If the firewall is
turned on, I appear to get the full connection up, but any packets I send
out just disappear.

We are using a Netgear FVS336GV1, with the latest version of the software,
configured as per the examples, except that our IP address is
192.168.1.0/24.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to configure the firewall to
allow things to work. I have put "Access manager" and "ipsecc" in the
firewall exception list.

Simon.

Infoshare Ltd
Millennium House
21 Eden Street
Kingston upon Thames
Surrey
KT1 1BL
United Kingdom

Phone: 		+ 44 (0) 20 8541 0111
Support:	+ 44 (0) 20 8481 4760
Web:		www.infoshare-is.com
E-mail:		info at infoshare-is.com

Infoshare Ltd is registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office as above.
Registered Number 2877612
VAT Number GB 678 1443 10

The content of this e-mail (and any attachment to it) is confidential.
Any views or opinions do not represent the views or opinions
of Infoshare Ltd.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender
and delete it. You may not use, copy or disclose the information
in any way.

Infoshare Ltd monitors incoming and outgoing e-mails.

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print
this email?