[vpn-help] SS 2.1.7 Fails to Connect Without Restart

Sam Williams sam.williams at stemcentrx.com
Thu May 3 22:43:56 CDT 2012

I am using a Windows7 64-bit based laptop that rotates between a direct
Ethernet connection on-site at an office, and a DLINK DIR-655 Wireless
connection from home.  If I attempt to connect the VPN without shutting
down/restarting I can get the tunnel enabled, but none of the networked
devices are accessible.  If I restart, the tunnel enables and everything
works dandily.

Any idea what’s going on here and how to resolve it?  I’m guessing it’s
something wrong with the phase2 setup, but I’m sufficiently naïve about
this that I don’t know where to start.    If an error log is needed to
narrow things down, any pointers for generating said log would be much
appreciated!

It’s a pain to have to shut down all of my open applications and restart to
get the VPN working.  I love the Shrew when it works!