[vpn-help] Remote LAN failure between Win 7 x64 and Linksys RV042

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Tue May 22 21:32:03 CDT 2012

On 05/09/2012 04:40 PM, Jan Weiring wrote:
> Dear ladies and gentleman,
>
> I've got a problem with the VPN between my Win 7 x64 and my Linksys
> RV042. The IPSec-connection, which I configured like it is shown in
> the tutorial, is in function and I can get access to the RV with its
> local IP-address. My problem is the access to the local network
> behind the RV. There must be two access points, which are active and
> accessable. By trying to get access with my browser there only comes
> an timeout.
>
> Can you help me with my problem, please?

Hi Jan,

My first guess is that you have an IP address overlap between the IP
address that your Shrew client virtual adapter is given (e.g. the IP
that the RV042 gives to VPN clients) and the remote network behind the
RV042.

Can you provide us with a BugReport log by following these instructions:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

The debug log can show us what the IP address configurations are so that
we can help you better.