[vpn-help] any word on when the website will be back up

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Nov 5 11:03:34 CST 2012

Hi Harondel,

I have been spending a lot of time lately doing infrastructure upgrades
and we are having a problem with the load balancer. I suspect there is a
file descriptor leak in the software but I haven't had time to debug the
issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll try to get this resolved in the
next week or two. Until then, it may need to be manually prodded a few
times to get it to exit maintenance mode.

There still a lot of changes that are being finalized at the moment as
well as a complete website redesign. The plan is to launch the new web
site along with the 2.2.0 release. I'm also in the process of verifying
support for Windows 8. If this requires another round of kernel driver
certification with Microsoft, official support may not land until the
2.2.1 version ( and would be the primary focus of that release to get it
out the door as quick as possible ). But I suspect the installer can be
modified to allow for installation on Windows 8 using the Windows 7
certified drivers since both OS's are NDIS 6.x compatible.

Thanks for letting me know about the website,

-Matthew