[vpn-help] running on Ubuntu 12.10

Philipp Matthias Hahn pmhahn at pmhahn.de
Sun Nov 11 12:09:01 CST 2012

Hello Matthew,

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 12:16:07AM -0600, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> On 11/7/2012 10:28 PM, Michael Eber wrote:
> >I need Shrew to access my VPN at work from Ubuntu 12.10.  It appears as
> >if it has been removed from the application launcher.  Where can I get a
> >deb install file for Shrew VPN???
>
> At one point it was maintained as a package in Debian or Ubuntu. But
> since there hasn't been any activity for quite some time, it may
> have been dropped. I don't see it listed for "Quantal Quetzal" ...

I packaged the latest version 2.1.7, which unfortunately still uses the
old Qt3 GUI, which was removed from Debian, which in turn also forced
ike to be removed as well, since now it's build dependency is missing.

Since 2.2 was still in beta stage then, I never updated the package to
the 2.2 version. My time is currently very limited so I might not find
time to package the just releases rc1.

BYtE
Philipp
--