[vpn-help] Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit install error - "the driver package is compatable with your version of windows"

David R. (Dru) Urbaniak dru at MWeData.com
Wed Oct 10 09:58:55 CDT 2012

I am attempting to install version 2.1.7 (and also 2.2.0-beta-2) onto a Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit laptop.

When I do the install I get the "wonderful" driver installation error of "the driver package is compatible with your version of windows".  This happens twice.
Happens via "drvcfg -pre" on both vfilter.inf and virtualnet.inf installations.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any clues?

Logged in as local admin so UAC is not the issue.  I have installed the released version before on other Windows 7 workstations.  I have disabled IPv6 just in case.

David R. (Dru) Urbaniak
Dru at MWeData.com