[vpn-help] New 2.2.0 RC-4 Available ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Apr 7 13:22:26 CDT 2013

All,

I just uploaded a new 2.2.0 Windows-only release candidate to the site.
In the RC3 build, we included a fix for a function that was returning a
different MTU value on Vista/7 than in 2K/XP. This caused the wrong MTU
to be displayed in the log output which was rather benign. However, I
found one more case, where we relied on the same function in a critical
code path to determine the MTU, which was returning the wrong value. The
RC4 build fixes this issue. Please let me know if anyone sees a
regression since RC2/3 as the code path.

If you have a case where the VPN client connects and passes traffic on
2K/XP, connects on Vista/7/8 but does not pass traffic correctly on
Vista/7/8, you may want to try this build.

I will be branching for the 2.2.0 release later today. I'll let this new
patch settle for a few days and then we should be good to move forward
with the actual release. It's been way too long since 2.1.7.