[vpn-help] Complete Removal of Shrew Soft

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Apr 11 21:22:14 CDT 2013

On 04/11/2013 07:29 PM, Bernard Duer wrote:
> I have uninstalled Shrew Soft as my company no longer allows Shrew Soft
> usage.  At start up, Shrew Soft page appears asking for domain, user name,
> etc.  At bottom, it has a toggle to "Switch User".
>
> How do I remove the front page at start up?

Hi Bernard,

The start up page you're seeing is provided by the Credential Provider
component of Shrew that allows for Secure Domain Login.  You will have
to ensure the Credential Provider component is removed.

I would try installing ShrewSoft VPN Client 2.2.0-beta-2 and
select/enable the Credential Provider option.  Then reboot, then remove
Shrew using the uninstaller, then reboot again.

If that does not work, install Shrew version 2.2.0-beta-2 again, but
then install Shrew version 2.2.0-rc-4 over top (without uninstalling
2.2.0-beta-2).  Version 2.2.0-rc-4 will remove all the components of
version 2.2.0-beta-2, including the Credential Provider.  Since
2.2.0-rc-4 does not include the Credential Provider option, it should be
removed completely.  Then reboot and remove version 2.2.0-rc-4 using the
uninstaller.

See if either of those work.