[vpn-help] Configure Shrewsoft Client like Windows VPN

Heinz Hirzenbacher hirzenbacher at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 08:40:55 CDT 2013

Dear ShrewSoft Team

I've been using the Shrewsoft Client with for some time now and I'm quite happy with it.All configurations I've used so far where pre-configured tunnels in the pcf-format. Easy and all of them with PSK.
For a new Tunnel I've only got a remote hostname, user and password.It works quite easy with the win7 Integrated client.
Since this tunnel doesn't use PSK, I have no Idea where to get the certificate from.Since the windows-client seems to find the required certificate automatically, I tried searching the windows certificate storagebut I don't know which certificate.
TLDR:What configuration is needed using Shrewsoft, so that it works like the windows client does???
Sorry but I'm rather new to this, no success on the internet either.
with best regards - Heinz