[vpn-help] Configure Shrewsoft Client like Windows VPN

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sun Apr 28 12:02:34 CDT 2013

On 04/25/2013 09:40 AM, Heinz Hirzenbacher wrote:

> Dear ShrewSoft Team
>
> I've been using the Shrewsoft Client with for some time now and I'm
> quite happy with it.All configurations I've used so far where
> pre-configured tunnels in the pcf-format. Easy and all of them with
> PSK. For a new Tunnel I've only got a remote hostname, user and
> password.It works quite easy with the win7 Integrated client. Since
> this tunnel doesn't use PSK, I have no Idea where to get the
> certificate from.Since the windows-client seems to find the required
> certificate automatically, I tried searching the windows certificate
> storagebut I don't know which certificate. TLDR:What configuration is
> needed using Shrewsoft, so that it works like the windows client
> does??? Sorry but I'm rather new to this, no success on the internet
> either. with best regards - Heinz

Hi Heinz,

I've never worked with certificates or the Win7 integrated client, but I
thought I might ask a question:  is the Windows machine part of an
Active Directory domain, and does that AD infrastructure have its own
Certificate Authority?  If so, I'm guessing that the Win7 integrated
client may be able to use the AD/CA infrastructure for certificate
resolution.  It's just a guess though.