[vpn-help] v2.2.0 linux iked stops

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Apr 26 14:28:05 CDT 2013

On 4/26/2013 2:17 PM, Chris Hartley wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thank you for your prompt response.
>
> Looks like this patch fixed the issue.  Now I am able to execute 'iked'
> (see it in the ps list) and successfully establish a vpn tunnel using
> qikea/qikec.
>
> I assume this means that we will have to wait until 2.2.1 to get a
> proper functioning Linux release version?

Chris,

The reason why I missed this is that I was using rc.d/init.d scripts to
manage the process control. These scripts pass a -p command line option
to iked, so I didn't see the issue. So, yes 2.2.1 will include the real
fix for this bug. But if you are using rc.d/init.d scripts, you should
be fine using the 2.2.0 release.