[vpn-help] Fortigate 300c with Shrew VPN Client

Christopher Noyes cnoyes72 at cox.net
Sat Apr 27 12:14:29 CDT 2013

Hello,

  I'm new to this list (and new to configuring VPN in general).  I have a Fortigate 300C (FortiOS 4.0MR3) that I am trying to get some form of vpn working to allow user to connect remotely.  The cookbook seemed to be a waste of time (non of their examples worked, in fact lots of errors in editing).  I found Shrew Soft while googling my issue.  I like the client so far; very user firendly and easily customizable.  However, I am still having issues.  I followed the wiki howto on the Shrew Soft wiki site for Fortigate.  I am able to get the tunnle up and DHCP assigns my laptop an IP address.  However, it appears that this subnet isn't being routed at all.  I can't ping from my laptop to the internal subnets, nor can I ping the VPN IP address of my laptop from within the LAN.  Is there a step missing from the wiki?  Really confused and hope someone can help.  Thanks!

-Chris Noyes