[vpn-help] Split DNS not working

Richard Ihmels rihmels at enkon.com
Tue Aug 13 19:39:16 CDT 2013

I have installed a trial of the Shrewsoft VPN client for Windows V 2.2.2 and I am having difficulty getting the Split DNS functionality working.  This is with the client installed on Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8 x64.

When the connection is traced the log states
ii : split DNS is disabled.

The gateway is an ASA5505 with Split-dns enabled

group-policy Domain_Prod internal
group-policy Domain_Prod attributes
dns-server value 192.168.1.19 192.168.1.24
vpn-tunnel-protocol IPSec
split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified
split-tunnel-network-list value Internal
default-domain value corporate.domain
split-dns value corporate.domain

Split DNS is set to enabled and set to automatic in the client, and the proxy seems to be running.

Any ideas how to proceed from here?