[vpn-help] Failure to bring up tunnel with Windows 8 through NAT

Chris Swinehart chris at mesotech.com
Thu Aug 22 11:04:19 CDT 2013

I wasn't able to find any other reports of known issues with connecting to a
VPN behind NAT with Windows 8 and v2.2.2, so here is the description of my
situation:

1. I am using the same imported configuration file on both a Win 7 and Win 8
laptop.
2. Both the Win 7 and Win 8 laptops can connect to my VPN server without
going through NAT (connected via a cell phone hotspot).
3. When trying to access the VPN through a router, only the Win 7 laptop can
finish bringing up the tunnel. The connection process on the Win 8 computer
pauses and the tunnel never comes up. I tested this using the exact same
router with the exact same router configuration.

This leads me to believe that the problem lies somewhere on the Win 8
computer. Any ideas or further troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thank you,

Chris Swinehart

Mesotech International Inc.
4531 Harlin Drive